Term Time Only!
Job Title: Breakfast & After School Club Supervisor
Start date: 19th February 2018
Location: Hogarth Primary School, Riseway, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 8BG
Contract: 22.5 hours per week
HOURLY RATES: up to £10 per hour (plus holiday pay)
Energy Kidz is a leading provider of out of school club childcare for primary school children. The ideal candidate will work from a Primary School with children aged 4-11 years & lead a team of playworkers. The working hours will be 7.30 a.m until 9.00 a.m & 15.00 pm until 18.00 pm (times may vary slightly), Monday-Friday, during School Term Time.
- Excellent managerial, communication & organisational skills
- Relevant childcare experience
- Is able to monitor and evaluate the quality of the service, ensuring that all staff work within the club's policies, guidance, safeguarding and procedures
- Able to interact well with both children and parents.
- Has a thorough understanding of the EYFS framework, equal opportunities and special educational needs
- Be creative with good knowledge of a range of recreational and physical past time activities for children to participate in
- Level 3 childcare qualification
- Has a valid Paediatric First Aid/Food Hygiene qualification, or is willing to undertake qualification
- Has relevant supervisory and management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Duties & Responsibilities to adhere to but not restricted to:
- Leads and motivates a team of staff to deliver high quality play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
- Encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- Encourage independence and self-esteem
- Talk to children about their concerns or worries
- Deal with injuries and emergencies
- Liaise with parents, carers, and other professionals
Staff Benefits include: Staff training & development, free uniform, discounts at leading retailers & restaurants, enhanced pay rate to reflect holiday entitlement & pension.
All employees must undertake a DBS check
This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.